SRL is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
SRL may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 16th, 2018.
WHO WE ARE:
SRL, UCC Office of Technology,2-44, Western Gateway Building, Western Road, Cork, Ireland. Email: [email protected] www.srlresearch.com
WHERE DO WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
SRL stores and process personal data in Ireland. Backup data may be held in Europe.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- Your name
- Your contact information including email address
- Your request (written in the message section of the ‘contact page’ submission form)
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Specifically, to reply to the request you have made on the ‘contact page’ submission form.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our services.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES WE MAY USE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS WITH
- We do not share your information with third party services
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously given us your personal information in the ‘contact page’ submission form, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us and we will immediately remove your email from our ‘info request’ data base.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2016/679. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please email us at the website email address.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the website email address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
If you feel that SRL has not fulfilled its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, then you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner (DPC). The DPC offers guidance on how to make a complaint here:
DATA RETENTION PERIOD
Information we hold on you, provided by you in the ‘contact page’ submission form will be retained by SRL on our ‘info request’ data base for up to 12 months.